Various Color Tattoo Removal
Tattoo Removal Sydney Clinic
The PicoSure Tattoo Removal Laser is the biggest breakthrough in tattoo removal in 20 years. Treatment with the PicoSure is faster and more comfortable than any other method.
Recognised as the fastest and most effective laser tattoo removal treatment in the world, it can remove tattoos up to 75% faster than traditional Nd:YAG lasers can.
PicoSure’s ultra-short pulse duration goes beyond photothermal action creating an intense photomechanical impact, patented PressureWave™, resulting in greater disruption of the target for better clearance with fewer treatments, less fluence and without injury to the surrounding skin. Even dark, stubborn blue and green inks, as well as previously-treated, recalcitrant tattoos can be removed.
Together with the newly FDA-cleared 532nm handpiece option, which is designed to more effectively treat red, orange, and yellow tattoo ink colours, PicoSure is the only picosecond laser platform to treat the full colour spectrum of tattoo inks.
But what are the benefits in comparison to Q-switch laser removal?
- Much faster removal of most tattoo inks (officially the fastest tattoo removal in the world).
- Fewer treatments than traditional lasers without injuring the surrounding skin.
- Much more effective for blues and greens.
- Much faster laser pulse.
- Much more thorough ink particle destruction.
- Will usually clear even resistant tattoos that have stopped fading in response to other lasers.
- Reduced side effects.
- Over 1000 happy clients treated since November 2013.
- 75% or greater clearance after one treatment.
Whilst traditional laser tattoo removal often requires between 10 and 20 sessions to achieve good clearance, the PicoSure machine can remove your tattoo more completely in fewer sessions.
How is this possible? Traditional laser tattoo removal machines heat the ink in your tattoo breaking it into small ‘pieces’, but PressureWave Technology – PicoSure uses the latest technology to remove ink colours by delivering ultra-short picosecond pulses of energy into the skin. These pulses create a photomechanical effect, or PressureWave, that targets ink while avoiding unmarked tissue. PressureWave shatters the ink into tiny, dust-like particles which are easily eliminated by the body. This results in clearer skin with fewer treatments without injuring the surrounding skin.
The illustration gives a simple view of how the PicoSure laser breaks down the ink in your tattoo into tiny particles.
Due to the unique way the PicoSure laser ‘shatters’ the ink on your skin, you’ll need fewer sessions. Traditional laser tattoo removal would take on average 10 – 20 sessions for a small professional tattoo (up to 5cm sq), whereas 4 – 6 sessions using the PicoSure laser will be enough to remove your tattoo leaving behind almost no trace. So that’s less time in the clinic and the removal of your unwanted tattoo sooner!
It is recommended that you wait a minimum of 6-8 weeks between sessions to allow the treated area to heal and this gives the body time to clear away the ink particles before the next treatment. To help speed up your recovery and improve the overall results we advise you to follow our laser tattoo removal before and after care instructions from FAQ.
*Results may vary from person to person.
- Sun exposure, including tanning beds and the application of sunless tanning products, must be avoided for 2 weeks prior and after the treatment, preferably 4 weeks. Sun exposure, tanning, and sunless tanning products decrease the effectiveness of the laser treatment and increase the chance of post-treatment complications.
- Area to be treated must be clean, and free of any lotion, makeup, and sunscreen. If you have any of these on, they must be completely washed off prior to treatment.
- Photosensitizing medication should be discontinued for a period of at least 6 months prior to receiving treatment and should not be used during your course of treatment.
- Waxing and/or the use of chemical depilatories must be avoided in the treatment area for 2 weeks before and after the treatment to avoid skin sensitivity. Shaving is allowed before treatment to remove surface hair in the areas to be treated.
- You may not be pregnant for any treatment.
- During the course of your treatments, notify our staff of any changes to your medical history, health status, or personal activities that may be relevant to your treatment.
- Immediately after treatment, there may be “frosting” on the area that is treated. Redness and swelling is typical. Pinpoint bleeding may also occur.
- A cool compress may be applied and Tylenol is recommended for discomfort.
- The treated area should be cared for delicately until healing is complete and care should be taken to avoid trauma to the area for the first 7 days after treatment.
- Clean treated area daily allowing water or shower to run over the wound, and then pat the area dry.
- Apply Aquaphor ointment to wound area 2-3 times a day. Keep the area moist, and let the scab fall off on its own.
- Cover the treated area with a nonstick Telfa gauze pad (after Aquaphor is applied) until the wound is healed.
- Do NOT pick, peel, rub, scrub, or scratch at the skin in the treatment area throughout the healing process. If crusting occurs, do not shave or pick area.
- Although blisters and scabs can be a normal response to tattoo removal, most patients will not experience them. In the case that you do, it is important to not pop or pick at them. If the blister pops on its own, keep the skin over it covered with a healing ointment and gauze to promote healing and prevent scarring.
- No swimming or using hot tubs/whirlpools until the wound heals.
- Physical exercise that causes perspiration should be discontinued for at least 2-7 days after treatment as excessive perspiration may disrupt the healing process.
- Avoid sun exposure. When treatment area is exposed to the sun use a thick layer of 30+ SPF sunblock with zinc oxide and reapply every 2 hours for 4 weeks following treatment.
- Contact our clinic if there is any indication of blistering, infection (redness, tenderness or pus) or any concerns.
PicoSure® is the world’s first, fastest and most effective picosecond aesthetic laser. This unparalleled breakthrough in laser technology delivers ultra-short pulse bursts of energy to the skin in trillionths of a second.
LED Healite II
Healite II is a useful addition to virtually all aesthetic treatments. It is the most popular piece of equipment in the entire surgery as it can be used pre and post all our non-surgical treatments for enhanced recovery.