The Icon MaxR is an intense pulsed light applicator for the ICON in the red-light range spectral range. The MaxR has been optimized and developed for the treatment of unwanted hair. The MaxR is one of the best intense pulsed light treatment devices for the treatment of unwanted hair.
How does it work?
Light energy is selectively absorbed by the melanin in the hair shaft and hair matrix. The energy is delivered in a way that affects the hair follicle and not the surrounding tissue. Short pulse delivery 20ms results in damaging the hair bulb causing thinning and lightening of hair and delay in hair re-growth, with possibility of permanent reduction.
- Light energy is selectively absorbed by the melanin in the hair shaft and hair matrix.
- Short pulse delivery 20ms results in damaging the hair bulb causing thinning and lightening of hair and delay in hair re-growth, with possibility of permanent reduction.
You must not have any sun, solarium or fake tan on the area 2 weeks before your treatment. If you are in the sun within the 2 weeks before your treatment, superficial burning or pigmentation may occur.
No deodorants prior the treatment.
You may notice ‘dead’ hair surfacing for 2-3 weeks after treatment. Although this may appear to be new growth, it is generally not. This process is called purging or shedding and will take time to complete. You should wipe away these hairs with a damp cloth or loofah once the sensitivity of treated area resolves. Start this exfoliating process 1 week after treatment, but no earlier.
- Apply a soothing/healing product morning and night for 3-4 days after treatment if required, Aloe vera straight from fridge can be helpful.
- Avoid deodorants for the first 48 hours after treatment.
- Do not go in a spa/pool/sauna or anywhere that involves chlorine/chemicals or excessive heat for 24 to 48 hours after treatment.
- Avoid the gym or excessive exercise for 24 to 48 hours.
- Avoid friction and anything that raises body temperature for 24 to 48 hours.
- It is imperative to the success of future treatments and skin health to protect the skin from sun exposure while undergoing laser hair removal treatments. No sun exposure on the treated area for at least 4-6 weeks before or after the treatment.
- It is ok to shave between treatments, but do not wax or tweeze as this will remove the target of the treatment (the hair bulb).