What is Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal has been increasingly popular not only for women but also to men, seeking treatment for hairy areas such as chests and backs. With the Icon aesthetic system, it provides high peak powers with state-of-the-art cooling and build in calibration for fast treatments and excellent outcomes.
During the laser hair removal process, the laser passes through the skin and into an individual hair follicle, damaging it to inhibit future hair growth.
You must not have any sun, solarium or fake tan on the area 2 weeks before your treatment. If you are in the sun within the 2 weeks before your treatment, superficial burning or pigmentation may occur.
No deodorants prior the treatment.
You may notice ‘dead’ hair surfacing for 2-3 weeks after treatment. Although this may appear to be new growth, it is generally not. This process is called purging or shedding and will take time to complete. You should wipe away these hairs with a damp cloth or loofah once the sensitivity of treated area resolves. Start this exfoliating process 1 week after treatment, but no earlier.
Apply a soothing/healing product morning and night for 3-4 days after treatment if required, Aloe vera straight from fridge can be helpful.
- Avoid deodorants for the first 48 hours after treatment.
- Do not go in a spa/pool/sauna or anywhere that involves chlorine/chemicals or excessive heat for 24 to 48 hours after treatment.
- Avoid the gym or excessive exercise for 24 to 48 hours.
- Avoid friction and anything that raises body temperature for 24 to 48 hours.
- It is imperative to the success of future treatments and skin health to protect the skin from sun exposure while undergoing laser hair removal treatments. No sun exposure on the treated area for at least 4-6 weeks before or after the treatment.
- It is ok to shave between treatments, but do not wax or tweeze as this will remove the target of the treatment (the hair bulb).
-For face, bikini line, and underarms: 4 weeks
-For legs, chest, and back: 6-8 weeks
The Icon MaxR is an intense pulsed light applicator for the ICON in the red-light range spectral range. The MaxR has been optimized and developed for the treatment of unwanted hair. The MaxR is one of the best intense pulsed light treatment devices for the treatment of unwanted hair.
LED Healite II
Healite II is a useful addition to virtually all aesthetic treatments. It is the most popular piece of equipment in the entire surgery as it can be used pre and post all our non-surgical treatments for enhanced recovery.